Translate

Share and Like It if you enjoy my Blog. Thank you very much!

Search the Corner

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Favorite Moments at Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker


I’m pretty much on a gaming slump from the point I’m writing this article. There isn’t much to play at the moment… no, actually there were few games here that I haven’t tried playing yet and even games that I haven’t finished but for some reason I don’t feel like playing it and instead I’m craving to play something else... so I ended up replaying some games like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. I already completed this game as I mentioned before but still love playing for the second time around and so far I’m enjoying it.

So I thought of doing an article regarding Peace Walker.. again. So let me share you guys my personal favorites in the game. NOTE: for those who haven’t played the game or haven’t played the game thoroughly, you might be spoiled. So anyway, this is my 10 Most Favorite Moments at Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.


(10) Leap of Faith. Kojima loves to spoof and that’s made his game really amusing. First time I saw this on a gameplay demo I was like “Wow, Big Boss can actually do a leap of faith”.. although not as high like in the Assassin’s Creed game, but its still cool to see. Not a fan of the Assassin's Creed series but seeing this is really amusing. Too bad you can only do this on particular missions with Straw Box around.



(9) Operation Pooyan. For those who don’t get this. Pooyan is an oldschool game where you’re shooting balloons and I remember playing it on the NES. When I first played at PW I was just LOL’d to the spoof. And it’s becoming more hilarious because while playing the Operation Pooyan mission, they’re playing the old BGM of it. For those oldschool gamer like me, its pretty much amusing.


(8) “La—lala-lalala-lalalah...”. Don’t you think its unsettling hearing a machine humming like this?? Just imagine a real-life battle tank or even a jet plane making sound like this while firing and killing someone. Hehe, anyway the sound was so catchy I would sometimes hum into myself.



(7) AI Cocoon battle. Among the three AI weapons, I was overwhelmed by the size this boss. I already first saw it in some video reviews of PW but I first thought it would be a special boss or something... but no, it’s just one of the regular AI bosses. So I was like “WTF! That big!?” I almost panic on how am I going to beat it.. and how am I able to reach the pod! (><)


(6) War vehicle battles. Whether it’s the armored vehicle, battle tank or the chopper, who the hell in the right mind is going of take out these vehicles with matching foot soldiers around?? Well... NOBODY BUT Big Boss! And you know what, that’s the MANLIEST thing you could ever do here.. and even more manlier if you going to fight with your shirt off. >=D


(5) Storming the Comm Tower. Probably, it’s the only mission where you have to gun your way through. My favorite part here was the crossfire at the near end, a chopper with some troops gunning you from the outside. It feels like an action movie scene especially when the music of Heaven’s Divide started to play in the background while you’re in action. That was so epic and cool!

it's BRILLIANT! XD


(4) The Briefings. I always love to listen to codec talks and conversations at MGS and I don’t care if it eats up my hours of gameplay. I just love every moments of it. In PW, the conversations are in the form of tape-recorded briefings but its still fun to listen to. Of course, one thing that makes it amusing was the ever funny silly talks thrown here, one of the most notable was the “Kojima is God” thing but my personal favorites would be the Naked and Cardboard Tank briefing, I LOL’d on that.


(3) Metal Gear ZEKE battle. Talk about “Taste your own medicine!”, you will actually have to fight your own Metal Gear at the very end of PW. Depending on how well you improve ZEKE, the difficultly can be medium to insanely hard. Though the battle didn’t felt that epic compare to PW, the whole “twist” in the story was enough for you to be overwhelmed. With the background music played that you would feel mix emotions while fighting the MG and to think that you’re up against something that you’ve personally built.


(2) Monster hunting. Some of you would probably guess it that this one would be near top of my favorites. Yes, of course! Ever fan of Monster Hunter, I actually had an imagination before of what if monsters ever exist outside the MH universe, would modern weapons like guns could work on them?... until I saw the gameplay of the yet upcoming PW showing Big Boss fighting a Tigrex. My face was like (O.O) -- something like that. I became very excited on it. Not only that MH fans would love this but seeing Big Boss fighting a monster, it really made him really badass.



(1) Peace Walker battle. I never felt engaged and overwhelmed again in MGS ever since MGS 2’s multiple Metal Gear Rays and Solidus’ duel (both in hard mode). PW have 3 separate battles and two forms. The first form might be not as much but the second will surely get the best of you. PW will hit you hard and you will be hit a lot if you don’t know what you are doing. Not to mention PW constantly doing the nuclear launch mode that will keep you pressured in your entire battle (and Miller’s whining will pressure you more). If you compared it to MHFU, it was like fighting Tigrex the first time and it’s really a pain. The background music playing was so epic that it would considerably be the only thing that motivates you in the battle. In terms in the story, having that kind of machines in a 1970’s era was way ahead of its time and to think, it could have been the first walking machine ever created that led to the creation of the bi-pedal tank that we’d all come to knew as -- Metal Gear. And that is why this is my number one most favorite part in the game.

So, that’s my 10 most favorite moments in PW. Whether you’re agree or disagree on how I rate it, I’m sure most of you would agree that these were indeed one of the great moments in the game regardless of the number sequences. If you haven’t played it yet, I HIGHLY recommend you to play it. For an MGS fan, you SHOULDN’T past this one! It’s very much worth it. >=)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments, Suggestions.. Violent reactions?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...