Translate

Share and Like It if you enjoy my Blog. Thank you very much!

Search the Corner

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rounding Up the Warriors / Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy


The next installment for the Dissidia series is coming next month. I spent quite some time in playing again my Dissidia Final Fantasy game and finally completed it very recently. Now I’m ready to take on the second game once it arrives. >=)

In my last article, I give my thoughts about the new characters revealed at that time. More characters have been shown at the Final Trailer video and pretty much, all of the characters including all the new ones were showcase in the video.

Rounding up the new warriors who will participate in the next Dissidia battle: Kain (Final Fantasy IV), Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII), Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII), Yuna (Final Fantasy X), Vaan (Final Fantasy XII), and Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII). Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI) and Gabranth (Final Fantasy XII) are also there now as regular characters.

Gilgamesh is back after been stuck in the void
There are also some new characters revealed that was just hinted in the final trailer. One is an elf character *named Prische that I don’t know who but surely it’s a character from Final Fantasy XI along with Shantotto. And Gilgamesh the villain from Final Fantasy V and also a recurring character in other FF series.

The final trailer also hinted that Aeris (Final Fantasy VII) will also appear in the game but only as a support character (not playable). According from what I’ve read, Aeris can only be acquire if you play and load the save data of Dissidia 012 Demo game (the demo titled Dissidia Duodecim Prologus) going to the full version game of Dissidia 012. This applies to the Japanese version of the game and I’m not sure if they’ll going to do the same thing in the US version.

Terra (beside Kefka), Cloud (beside Sephiroth) and Tidus to the very right
And one thing that mostly interests me is the setting of the story. Dissidia 012 actually occurred before the events of the first Dissidia, basically a prequel. So it interests me to know on how the story goes when Lightning and others were there from the beginning of the conflict and what their fates in the end. Also, how come some of them are in different sides? Jecht is with the good guys while three of the main FF characters - Terra, Cloud and Tidus are in the side of Chaos. I could figure Cloud and Terra, but Tidus? And he’s even shirtless. I don’t recall Tidus to have a shirtless get-up.

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy is dated to be release on March 22, 2011 for North America.

And that’s it for now...


Until then!


*EDITED: Yeah, back when I wrote this article I don't know Prische at all since I'm not that familiar at Final Fantasy XI.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments, Suggestions.. Violent reactions?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...